-Bachelor of Science in Wetland Science/Fisheries, Louisiana State University
-School of Renewable Natural Resources - LA Fisheries Unit
-Grant Administrator for the West Coast Inland Navigation District - Lee County
-Lee County, Division of Natural Resources/Marine Project Manager
-Certified Oyster Biologist
-Professional Wetland Scientist
-Professional Marine Ecologist
-Executive Director of Lee Reefs Inc.
-Organize fundraisers for the Heights Foundation to benefit the people of Harlem Heights
-Organized fundraisers for orginizations to assist wounded U.S. veterans
Gifted Resources Educator, Lee County School District
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Long Island University, Brookesville, New York
Associate of Science, Suffolk Community College, Brentwood, New York
Teaching Certifications: Elementary Education (K-6); Social Science (6-12); Gifted Endorsement.
-Educator with more than nine years gifted services teaching experience within the School District of Lee County, and the City of Cape Coral Charter School Authority.
-Served as a Senior Tax Accountant for more than 15 years combined experience in the public and private sectors.
Tami has happily lived in Cape Coral with her husband and two children for 18 years.
World Travel, Gourmet Cooking, and Reading are just a few.
-Lee County School District: Finance Committee Board Advisory(2011-2013); Continuous Systemic Improvement Advisory Committee (2014-2017); School Advisory Committee-Trafalgar Middle School (2013-2016); District Advisory Committee Representative-Trafalgar Middle School 2015-2016).
-Lee County Medical Society Alliance: Chairman, Mini-Grants Committee (2007); Co-Chair By-Laws (2011-2012); Co-Chair Fundraising (2005-2007); Co-Chair Stop the Violence Everywhere (SAVE 2006-2007); President (2004-2007); Vice-President (2003-2004); Treasurer (2001-2003).
-Florida Medical Association Alliance: Chairman, By-Laws Committee (2010-2011); Finance Committee (2008-2010).
-Florida Association of the Gifted (FLAG): Coordinator-Region 6
-Learning Tree Preschool: Treasurer (2006-2007); Temple School Board Representative (2005-2007).c
Full time Pre-Law Student and Morris Depew
Nursing, Paralegal Degree and finishing up Bachelors in Pre-Law
Nursing, Real Estate and Property Management for over 20+ years, Over 20 years of Executive Assistant work
Grew up in a Military family, Dad retired as a CWO-4 Semper-Fi. Love spending time with my family, which consist of 3 amazing daughters plus 3 cats and 2 dogs (with 2 cats and 1 dog being rescues), cruising, traveling, snow skiing and helping others. My favorite saying, “Let GO and LET God” we love our church family and Christian Life Fellowship.
Oasis Middle School – VP of PTO for 1 year, President for 2 years, Gulf Coast Animal Shelter, have done several hundred hours for the Charter Schools over the last 10 years.
-Bachelor of Arts- Interdisciplinary Studies University of Houston with Public Service Honors
-Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
I currently teach English as a Second Language online for an international education agency. I am a fully trained elementary and preschool teacher with five years of varied classroom teaching experience. Additionally, I have worked with middle school students in extracurricular and sporting activities.
I moved to Florida 13 years ago from Houston, Texas. I lived on Sanibel Island for 2 years, met my husband, and moved to Cape Coral. My husband and I have been married for 8 years. Our oldest son is active duty military with a family of his own and our youngest son attends Oasis Elementary.
Interests and Activities:
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. My passions are music, yoga, cooking, reading, and faith. I enjoy helping out at OES and I’m also a part of a non profit organization that helps local families at Christmas.
Dolores Menendez was appointed City Attorney in October 2001. She is a graduate of Stetson University College of Law, (J.D. 1979). Her areas of expertise include the practice of Municipal Law, Land Use. Dolores has been an Assistant City Attorney representing the City of Cape Coral since October 1991.
Board Member -
Dr. Guido Minaya is the CEO and Chief Learning Officer of Minaya Learning Global Solutions LLC, a global corporate training services company.
Dr. Minaya has over 25 years of corporate learning and development management experience working in a variety of industries including telecommunications, energy, utilities, manufacturing and technology. Throughout his career Dr. Minaya has led regional and global corporate university teams; designed and developed technical, soft skills, sales and leadership programs; managed learning administration, training analytics and learning infrastructure, and has been the program and/or project manager for region wide learning initiatives in the Americas and Asia. Dr. Minaya launched Minaya Learning Global Solutions after holding management and executive level roles with AT&T, Lucent Technologies, Avaya, and Accenture.
- CEO and Chief Learning Officer at Minaya Learning Global Solutions LLC
2007 – Present
- Vice President of Scholarships and Programs, Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Global Director of Education Services at Accenture Learning (2001-2005)
- Latin America Director of Education Services at Avaya, Inc. (1999-2001)
- Latin America Director of Education Services at Lucent Technologies
- International Sales Training Manager at AT&T (1992-1997)
- CEO Minaya Group, Cape Coral Florida (1989-1991)
- Sales Manager, AT&T, New Orleans, Louisiana (1987-1989)
- Product Marketing Manager, AT&T, Morristown, NJ (1985-1987)
- Account Executive, AT&T South Florida, (1982-1984)
- Advance Management Certificate, Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, (2019)
- Doctor of Education, University of Pennsylvania, Higher Education Administration, Philadelphia, PA (2003-2005)
- MBA, Vanderbilt University, International Business with focus on the Americas, Nashville, TN (1997-1999)
- Latin America Business Certificate, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (1999)
- Community Leadership Certificate, University of Miami, FL (1993-1995)
- Bachelor of Arts: Washington and Jefferson College, Political Science, Washington, PA (1979-1982)
- Born in Bolivia, moved to US when he was four.
- Married to Susan Minaya for 30 years
- Two grown children, Paloma and Dario
- Entire family works at Minaya Learning Global Solutions, a small family business
- Loves travel, boating, walking, swimming and bike riding
- Movie aficionado
- Cape Coral Charter School Authority, Board Member, (2019 to present)
- Children’s Services Foundation of SW Florida, Vice Chair, (2018 to present)
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Vice Chair, (2016-2019)
- Lee County School Board, Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee, Chair, (2017-2019)
- Lee County School Board, Continuous Systemic Improvement Advisory Committee, Committee Member, (2017-2019)
- California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce Foundation, Board Member (2012-2014)
- Solano County Education Consortium, Chair, (2009-2013)
- California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, Northern Region Director, (2011-2013)
- Solano County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, President, (2008-2010)
- Hispanic Association of Lucent Technologies Employees, International President (1995-1996)
- Hispanic Association of AT&T Employees, International President, (1994-1995)
- Hispanic Association of AT&T Employees, Board member, (1993-1994)
- Hispanic Association of AT&T Employees, S. Florida Chapter President, (1992-1993)
- Horizon Council of Lee County, Interim Vice Chair, (1991)
- SW Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, President (1990-1991)